gas-tank

the gas-tank on my windstar van has bad gas and water in it. I need to empty it. The only way to do it without takeing it off is to put a drain hole in it then after it is empty put a plug init. Any idels or
imfo?
Donald R.Sr. wrote:

You can't disconnect the gas line somewhere upstream of the pump, then run the pump to empty the tank???
yes, but it has to be runing for the pump to run. ideal?
Donald R.Sr. wrote:

If you were really stuck for a solution you could just keep cycling the key between ACC and RUN positions. The fuel pump runs for a few seconds to pressurize the lines.
how can one run the fuel pump without running the engine?
Apply B+ either at the inertia switch or the fuel pump relay...

Van man
Your going to want to kick yourself!
This is such an easy fix I can't believe you couldn't think of it. Get a long siphon hose push into the tank until you are sure its coiled up or resting on the bottom, then suck for all your worth, don't swallow please, keep this opening below the tank and let it flow until only gas is coming out and your done. Gas and water don't mix, and water has a higher specific gravity than gas so it goes to the bottom and gas sits on top.
done it many times it works well. completely fill up tank after this procedure, do it again if vehicle does not run normally. you can also throw in a can of "HEET" or equivalent water aborbing chemical.
Common sense!

Dleer wrote:

ball looking thing in there. (I don't know if its to stop siphoning or blow-back while filling) Running it out the pressure line will pull it off the bottom too. Either way a good idea, gas does float on water. We used to use alcohol to absorb a small amount of water to get cars running that sat a long time and got condensation in the tank. Maybe thats whats in the "heet" stuff?