Gas Tank Leak ? on 95 TAURUS GL, 3.8L, 16 gallon tank ?

I've noticed a gasoline odor in my garage after my last several gas tank fills. Odor goes away after top fourth of tank volume is consumed.
After sitting in garage a few days, after my most recent tank fill I noticed
a drop of gas originating from top of passenger (right) front of gas tank.
Is there a known rust out problem with this gas tank ? and if so is old gas tank and level sensor easy to remove and reinstall ?
SQUIRE Nashua, New Hampshire
Sorry Dude, you live out in the rust belt. The only fix is a new tank. Sure there are other ways to fix the leak, but none of which is recommended.
Personaly I would just buy a new car. Out in New England cars are expendable. Owners can't get too attached because the road salts combined with extreme weather conditions are silent steady automobile killers. After fixing the rusted out tank, 1,000 miles down the line you'll be faced with repairing rusted through floorboards, muffler, or suspension components.
East-
There was a recall notice on these for the refill spout. They rust where the spout connects to the tank. Thats why they leak when they are full but not half full. The dealer replaced mine for free. If its not that you need a new tank.
I hope you do not have an attached garage. ;)
mike hunt