Gas turbine/electric hybrid?

I don't agree. High end vehicles such as Lambo, Ferrari, etc. do serve a purpose and are interesting to watch.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

You have done your homework very poorly and need to go to the back of the class.

Chrysler Turbine Cars needed very little day to day maintenance including in the dustiest environments. Usually they would not see a mechanic in the three months the host family drove them.

The EGT at idle was so mild you could, as I actually have, put my feet under the tailpipes and felt pleasant warmth at idle. Under power it is hotter but never high enough to damage anything unless you tied the rear axle to a light stand and tried to pull away at full power on tarmac and even then all it would do is mush the tarmac a little. You would probably run out of fuel or tear up the transmission first.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig