Gear Oil

What weight gear oil for rear differential is specified by Ford for a 2001 Excursion with a 7.3L Diesel, 4WD, Limited Slip Differential, Automatic Trans. ? I had to put a new R&P gearset in and had mechanic
put in first gearoil but now I need to change it. Could someone lead me to a Ford source ? LMK, Thanks, Drew
Old spec was 75W90 but Ford has since updated to 75W140.... Sorry, can't remember TSB number for the updated oil spec.

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:14:52 GMT, "Jim Warman"

What about the LSD? Special oil, oe friction modifier?
I believe the 75W 140 is what the mechanic told me, I bought some 75w90 bc that's what the parts house pulled up in his book, and somehow that did not seem right. I'm figuring the friction modifier is basically the same, all I remember is that he said it would need two small jars, which I have. Thanks sincerely for the help. I'll make it to Advance Auto tomorrow and get the right stuff. Thanks again, Drew

How about your owner's manual. It should have the info.
Jeff