GM: Air condition the trunk!

Page 2 of 2

I suspect a couple of sandwiches and a couple of cans of beverage. Not the worst of all ideas, I guess.
Or maybe a sixpack and you can forget all that damned bread

Now I know why I don't pay much attention to your posts.

CDs,
Yep pretty retarted. KB
--
THUNDERSNAKE #9

Protect your rights or "Lose" them

I've got a car with a fold down back seat. It's nice when you are putting skis in the trunk or even a 2 X 4 board. Anyway, if you fold the seat down, the trunk is air conditioned. I'll sell this "new" invention to you. If the price is right, I'll even throw in some styrofoam that you can use to insulate it.
P.S. The car is a 1998 model.

So freeze your own ice and invest $20 into your own 50 quart cooler. What's the problem here??? Who the hell needs $1000 a/c in a truck when you can BUY A $20 INSULATED COOLER!!!!!!
George Orwell wrote:

It'll be the mobsters car!
2011 Chevrolet Caprice Classic with trunk cooling, capable of preserving bodies in transportation

(snip)
Not a chance in hell will this ever happen. You can barely get the auto manufacturers to put vents in the back seat let alone the trunk. The environmental crowd would probably have a fit since you're increasing your "carbon footprint" to extend the A/C to the trunk and make it work harder. As the others have said, put a light styrofoam cooler in the trunk and be done with it.
Derek
Apparently you have not placed a thermometer in you trunk, to prove it to yourself as was suggested, if that is what you still want to believe LOL

There are no A/C vents in the trunk of my 2005 Mercury Sable. After reading your earlier post I decided to inspect it closely. I had just returned from a trip with the A/C and it was hotter in there than the passenger compartment, so I'd say you're incorrect.
Now that I'm reminded about it, I'm still steamed about the fact that they REMOVED the rear seat A/C vents from the 2005 model!!! My wife's 2001 Sable had vents back there located in the back of the console. Why they felt they had to spend money to engineer the feature out and save a nickle a car or something is beyond me. It's exactly that kind of stupid behavior that Alan Mulally has tried to put a stop to.
Derek
Apparently you have not placed a thermometer in your trunk, to prove it to yourself as was suggested.

I don't need to. The trunk felt much warmer than the passenger compartment I'd just exited. There are NO vents from which cooled air could be distributed to the trunk. None. Na-da.
Derek
You mean none you can find, but if you do check the temperature you will discover it is indeed cooler but not as cool as the passenger compartment. The reason is quite simple, manufacturers are not willing to go to the EXTRA expense required to cool ONLY the passenger compartment LOL.

perhaps this picture will give you some ideas how to fix the problem:
<http://media.photobucket.com/image/car%20air%20conditioner / kimandchris2/Redneck%20Stuff/RedneckCarAirConditioner.jpg>