GM: Air condition the trunk!

Why not bring a small cooler if it takes you that long to get home

Reply to
Picasso

Actually, read the owners manual, you can disable it easily

Reply to
Picasso

Then you'll have to talk to Chev and get them to put a 12v plugin in the trunk.. .lik ethey should anyway

and every car should have 3 in the front, two in the back and at least one in the trunk

Reply to
Picasso

Cool box... hrm.. how many cans will it hold ;)

I think Jeep has one too

Reply to
Picasso

I've got a Styrofoam box with lid some frozen steaks where shipped in, it stays in the trunk and is large enough for most of the things that need to be kept cold on hot days. Now you guys got me hungry for ice cream, damit.

Reply to
Fat Moe

I suspect a couple of sandwiches and a couple of cans of beverage. Not the worst of all ideas, I guess.

Or maybe a sixpack and you can forget all that damned bread

Reply to
HLS

(snip)

Not a chance in hell will this ever happen. You can barely get the auto manufacturers to put vents in the back seat let alone the trunk. The environmental crowd would probably have a fit since you're increasing your "carbon footprint" to extend the A/C to the trunk and make it work harder. As the others have said, put a light styrofoam cooler in the trunk and be done with it.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Gee

Apparently you have not placed a thermometer in you trunk, to prove it to yourself as was suggested, if that is what you still want to believe LOL

Reply to
Mike

perhaps this picture will give you some ideas how to fix the problem:

Reply to
Jeff

There are no A/C vents in the trunk of my 2005 Mercury Sable. After reading your earlier post I decided to inspect it closely. I had just returned from a trip with the A/C and it was hotter in there than the passenger compartment, so I'd say you're incorrect.

Now that I'm reminded about it, I'm still steamed about the fact that they REMOVED the rear seat A/C vents from the 2005 model!!! My wife's 2001 Sable had vents back there located in the back of the console. Why they felt they had to spend money to engineer the feature out and save a nickle a car or something is beyond me. It's exactly that kind of stupid behavior that Alan Mulally has tried to put a stop to.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Gee

Apparently you have not placed a thermometer in your trunk, to prove it to yourself as was suggested.

Reply to
Mike

I don't need to. The trunk felt much warmer than the passenger compartment I'd just exited. There are NO vents from which cooled air could be distributed to the trunk. None. Na-da.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Gee

You mean none you can find, but if you do check the temperature you will discover it is indeed cooler but not as cool as the passenger compartment. The reason is quite simple, manufacturers are not willing to go to the EXTRA expense required to cool ONLY the passenger compartment LOL.

Reply to
Mike