GM challenges Ford to heavy-duty pickup tug of war

Pickuptrucks.com sat down with Tom Stephens, General Motors' vice chairman of global product operations at the Detroit Auto Show, and during the course of the
conversation, Stephens began espousing the virtues of the General's new Duramax diesel, due to be fitted to the 2011 Chevrolet and GMC Heavy Duty pickups. Obviously, it's not rare for an exec to speak highly of a new engine, but in a rare moment of brand fervor, Stephens issued a challenge: "You know what I want to do to prove it? I want t... Read More: http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/IqwvtoLzDtk /
----------------------------------- Ford NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs http://www.carshops247.co.uk/news/Ford.html

This is a ridiculous challenge. In a tug of war, it is more about traction than raw power. I'd be willing to pit my 20 year old Ford 8630 tractor against either of them in a tug of war. No wonder GM is in such troubel with numbskulls like that running around loose. Next I suppose he'll want to have a drag race to prove who has the better truck......IDIOT.
Ed
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 01:10:27 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

global product operations at the Detroit Auto Show, and during the course of the conversation, Stephens began espousing the virtues of the General's new Duramax diesel, due to be fitted to the 2011 Chevrolet and GMC Heavy Duty pickups. Obviously, it's not rare for an exec to speak highly of a new engine, but in a rare moment of brand fervor, Stephens issued a challenge: "You know what I want to do to prove it? I want t...

Since he made the challenge, Ford may take him up on it. I would hope he has already observed the results of such a meaningless contest between empty trucks before spouting off. The ad guys love this kind of thing.
Lugnut