Good price?

A gentleman on my route was in an accident a few weeks back and his '69 Ford P-up was totalled as it was hit mid clip. He priced the motor and tranny for me at 300.00. 77000 original miles, C4 tranny 460 4bbl. Still
fires up and doesnt use or lose a drop of oil. It has the larger spark plugs as opposed to some 460's I have seen with smaller ones. TIA!!
If it is a 460, the transmission is not a C4. If the transmission is really a C4, it's not a 460.

I tend to agree,it may look like a 460 but maybe 429 (?) and a C-4 in a truck of that time?Just thinking maybe 429 C/W C-6 and if so $300.00 is a great score!!
Thomas Moats wrote:

Not the original tranny, I called him to check. Motor was original though. I apologize for the confusion.
So it's a C6 then?

He said it's a C4. He's in his latter 50's so I would hope he knows what he's talking about. It will be Thursady before I have time to really check it out.

though. I

really a

Noone said either were original.
No you said "77000 original miles." That could be on just the engine with a body that has seen 100K. Just a small detail. Still a moot issue, a big block will not have a C4 behind it. If it is a C4, then the engine will be a small block.

BK24 wrote:

i guess you want to know if its a good price????? well a 69 truck running got to be work $300, or the motor or transmission if you can use it to put in another old truck will be worth $300,, probably alot cheaper than the first months note on a new truck.....

plugs
I have a '65 Galaxie 500. My engine is leaking around the rear main. I guess I should have been more specific in my details.