Gotta 1451 code on 2003 ZX2

replaced the gas cap....(think its an evap code) cap didnt work, any ideas? I appreciate your time

Reply to
Jay Rivers

Jay, Have you reset the code? Don't have have a ZX3, but on a Ranger I had, it had to be reset with a computer. Pulling the battery cable wouldn't do it.

Reply to
Gourm Hardee

You paid lots of money for this car. It is in warranty. Let the dealer figure it out.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I bought the car refurbished so no warranty... someone before me totaled it with only 699 miles on it. It is perfectly restored now...new car for less than half the price!...my brother who lives back home where I got it reset it..but it still comes back with the 1451 code...I had to leave Shreveport to come back to Norfolk where I live now...so I wasnt able to let him figure it out I appreciate any time anyone could take to help me figure it out

Reply to
Jay Rivers

Check it over real well for loose hoses, under hood near gas tank ect. Just out of curiousity, why cant you take it to a dealer? Just drive it in and tell them to fix it. How can they tell if it was wrecked or not? Why do they care? They get paid to by the manufacture to fix it anyway. That evap thing is an emissions problem, I bet they could get into trouble refusing to fix an emissions problem in this country. There are lots of vehicles that have had major damage that weren't totaled that get fixed under warranty......Who told you it wasn't covered? I would check into that very deeply, you may need that warranty. I would drive it to a Ford or Lincoln dealer in you area first, tell them to fix it, and see what happens. Dont say anything about a wreck....If they refuse it, find out why. If they dont, take it there from now on....Know what I mean?

Reply to
Scott M

I would think that the warranty for emissions can't be voided, even in a situation like this.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

P1451 - EVAP Control System Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

Monitors the canister vent (CV) solenoid circuit for an electrical failure. The test fails when the signal moves outside the minimum or maximum allowable calibrated parameters for a specified canister vent duty cycle by PCM command. VPWR circuit open CV solenoid circuit shorted to PWR GND or CHASSIS GND Damaged CV solenoid CV solenoid circuit open CV solenoid circuit shorted to VPWR Damaged PCM

To verify normal function, monitor the EVAP canister vent solenoid signal PID EVAPCV and the signal voltage (PCM control side). With the valve open, EVAPCV will indicate 0 percent duty cycle and the voltage approximately equal to battery voltage. When the valve is commanded fully closed, EVAPCV will indicate

100% duty cycle and a voltage drop of 4 volts minimum is normal. Output test mode may be used to switch output ON/OFF to verify function.
Reply to
Thomas Moats

if u got the car for that price a silly code shouldnt bother you.. if it runs right.. then who cares.

Reply to
Ken Gallo Jr