Grand Marquis Air Suspension

I see a few posts about the Lincoln MarkVII air suspension, but what about the Grand Marquis.

The suspension on my wife's 1995 Grand Marquis quit operating today. For the past couple of month's the compressor would kick in while the car was sitting in the driveway, raise the back end then shut off. Now it doesn't work at all.

Any suggestions? I don't have scanners etc. but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
Alan McLeod

Sharon K. Cooke

I have a '95 CV with the same suspension. It is designed to come on and lift about 1 hour after the car is turned off. Then the suspension goes dormant until the car is started again. I just replaced the air springs in mine. I noticed the compressor running every now and then while I was driving and especially on hills or big bumps. When I listened, I could hear air leaking. I was lucky, I got it before the compressor died. I got new bags from Arnott Industries here:

They have everything you will need to repair the air springs. You might first check all of the fuses, I think the compressor fuse is in the big fuse box under the hood.

Good luck!

Paul in Ohio

Reply to
FnP

I'm glad you got it fixed. How is the ride? I am so pampered by the air springs that I didn't do much about springs. Of course, I just needed the bags so the cost was low.

Paul

Reply to
FnP

Reply to
Alan McLeod

I experienced the horn problem on the CV and also a '93 Cougar. One kept failing. I finally figured out that the factory placement was allowing water to get deep into the horn. I relocated the last replacement for both cars by mounting it in the same direction as the one that always worked and have had no problems for 2-3 years now. I could actually pour water out of the one that kept quitting. Thanks for the feedback.

Paul E

Reply to
FnP