Green With Envy

I have a 97 Taurus, my left turn signal stopped working. I suspected the multifunction switch. I took it out (very easy compared to GM) It came apart very easily. The contacts are green and corroded. I am going to clean it up like new, and reassemble. (looks really easy)

My question is, what kind of grease to use on the copper contacts ? Whatever the manufacturer of this switch used was not very good, that's why it failed.

Thanks for the help Mike

Reply to
Mike

"Mike" wrote in news:t%k_g.29994$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc- kc.rr.com:

just good ol white grease is what is usually used. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

On the electrical contacts?? I would have thought that dielectric grease would be the correct answer. Am I wrong?

Richard

--

Reply to
Richard

Connections should use what protective grease?......Mike --------------- Just good ol white grease is what is usually used. .......KB ---------------- I would have thought that dielectric grease would be the correct answer. Am I wrong? ............."Richard" ---------------- Both answers are right. White grease is dielectric and has been used for many years. The newer "dielectric" grease is dielectric of course, but also more thermally conductive, so when it is smeared on mounting surfaces of electronic devices it helps to carry off the heat they generate.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

The windshield wash button (pushes in on the end of the intermittant whiper knob) quit working also.

So you say this thing wasn't so hard to take apart? Perhaps it is the same problem in my car (93 crown vic)

Reply to
Picasso