Greese fittings exist or not?

Ok.. i have a 2003 F250 pickup.. everybody i talk to says there are no greese fittings... This cannot be... when the internal greese leaks out we are expected to replace the whole assembly?

What about the tie rod ends etc.. etc...

Anybody with infor I would love to learn more about this !!

Kenny

Reply to
Mercury

That correct, they are lubed for life. The connection is covered by a sheath, as long as that cover remains in tact you will not have a problem. I own a 1971 Ford with 290K on the clock and it still has the complete original front end.

mike hunt

Mercury wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

you mean to tell me that your 1971 has no greese fittings? I cannot beleive that.

Reply to
Mercury

so isuppose when i bring my f250 in for an oil change i have nothing to worry about huh?

Reply to
Mercury

There is just one on each side, on the top of the suspension, but none on any part of the steering linkage.

mike hunt

Mercury wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Ford and other manufactures have been building them like that for over thirty years, so I think not.

mike hunt

Mercury wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

Check your drivline for fittings, they may be the only ones you find.

Reply to
Scott

you can still manually grease certain components, just because there isnt a grease nipple doesnt mean they are maintainence free, we all know that if a track rod end boot splits its going to lose its grease, and so lead to premature wear, but if you regrease and fit a new boot it should be ok, i agree the grease nipple forces the grease directly into the joint, whereass you may have to manually work it down there, but by no means should these such items be labelled as maintainence free. having said that, obtaining replacment boots rather than the complete sealed joint may prove more of a problem, we live in a disposable world nowadays....

Reply to
steve

Yes. And you replace them with new assemblys that have grease fittings. You should be able to add grease fittings to your existing tie rod ends if you want to.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

indeed, all you need is a drill, a tap, and a grease nipple.

Reply to
steve

Greese is a country in Europe. The only fittings they got are fitting rooms in their stores!

Reply to
me

Re: Greese fittings exist or not? Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Thu, Dec 4, 2003, 9:26pm (EST-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@my.com

Greese is a country in Europe. The only fittings they got are fitting rooms in their stores!

Reply to
Eric Toline

im enjoying this very much. My lack of spelling skills paid off in cheap humor.

Reply to
Mercury