Groaning Sound from left side when I accelerate?

I have a 1990 Ford Taurus, and when I accelerate over 30k's, I hear a groaning sound. If I turn the wheel to the right slightly, it goes away, but when I return the wheel straight, it comes back. The car seems to steer
fine, and there are no noises when I turn. The power steering fluid is okay -- It was low at one point, and I topped it up. Anyway, I tried draining the fluid, tightening the clamps, checking for leaks, and adding an additive; yet, the noise still continues. My questions are: Is it the power steering pump? Is it the rack? Or, is it the high pressure hose? Any ideas? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Please reply to the news group, as my address is not correct --I've received too much Spam!
Nino NoSpam wrote:

Bad CV shaft, bad bearing, or maybe the brake rotor warped or other? I would carefully inspect them all. I had one set of aftermarket front pads on my taurus that were made so the hung over the outside of the rotor. As they wore, they wore a lip in the edge of the pad and caused some strange vibration/noise.
I also had a bubble in a tire once that cause some strange noise at higher speeds.
Bob
-

i have had pres. side hose vibr. and return hose vibr. on many different car models. being yours is on a taurus i would first wonder if it has been replaced for leakage (common) and not routed perfect....if it is routed correctly and not grounding anywhere i would try to isolate the noise by using a piece of ROPE to put some tension on the hose assy. and seeing if it changed the sound any at all. if the noise is any different or gone than it is a hose/line prob. if noise doesnt change than either it is an internal pump prob. or not p/s related.........all these ideas are 'probably' b/c its very difficult to diag. car noises on a keyboard and monitor but you can get some ideas..............kjun