head gasket

i have some white smoke coming out of my tail pipe with a miss i caint get rid of. which leds me to belive it might be a blown head gasket. but it dosent overheat. any ideas?

Reply to
shogun64

the guage won't reflect overheating if it isn't immersed in hot coolant.. so if your low, you never know about the hot spots your getting.. I know the first sign that I blew my head gasket was the temp guage going down while driving, after reaching nomal.. pop your radiator cap off,top it up, and crank the engine, if you get a coolant volcano, that will answer your question for sure..

Reply to
Dark1

it is a 88 cougar with a 302. same as a ford

Reply to
shogun64