head gasket

i have some white smoke coming out of my tail pipe with a miss i caint get rid of. which leds me to belive it might be a blown head gasket. but it dosent overheat. any ideas?

the guage won't reflect overheating if it isn't immersed in hot coolant.. so if your low, you never know about the hot spots your getting.. I know the first sign that I blew my head gasket was the temp guage going down while driving, after reaching nomal.. pop your radiator cap off,top it up, and crank the engine, if you get a coolant volcano, that will answer your question for sure..
well, my first idea is that if you are talking about a chevy, you are in the wrong newsgroup. but since you posted in a ford newsgroup, we can assume you have a ford. now since we are not mind readers, how about some vehicle info???

it is a 88 cougar with a 302. same as a ford