Headlight problem 1997 Taurus

Hey guys/gals,

My 97 Taurus has a strange issue that's been happening since last year off and on..

Sometimes when driving at night, the drivers side headlight will almost go out (only shining very, very dimly, far less then the daytime running lights). If I pull the multi-function level towards me (to flash the highbeams) the lights will both flash to the highbeams, and when i let the lever go, the drivers light will then function fine.

Doesn't happen all the time.. I had thought I had an issue with a weak ground at one point, and changed the headlight connectors on both sides, but that didn't change the problem.

Reply to
Teknical