headlight problem

I have a 99 taurus, one night head lights would not come on. All other lights work checked all fuses, all seem ok replaced head light switch with a new one still the same problem any one know how to fix this problem Thank (Jack)

Reply to
tiger2

Are the bulbs good? Best way to test one of these circuits is with a test light....

Reply to
Jim Warman

According to my 2000 service manual (I would think the '99 is essentially identical), there are TWO fuses, one for each headlight. The

15A fuses are in the battery junction box, which is right next to the battery. They are F119 and F121, which are in the 'middle' of the box.

If both hi and lo beams do not work, then it's most likely the +12V source through the fuses to the bulb. Lo and Hi are separately selected, through the multifunction switch on the steering wheel, through ground. The only time low and high can be on at the same time is if you do 'flash-to-pass' while low-beams are on.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

sounds like you need a new harness

Reply to