headlights

i have a 93 taurus and for some stupid reason the headlights keep burning out i buy new ones and they just burn up can neone explain this and how to fix it

Wow I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds to me like the bulbs are getting the incorrect voltage. I would like to know for myself what could cause this just for the sake of knowing.
Wow I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds to me like the bulbs are getting the incorrect voltage. I would like to know for myself what could cause this just for the sake of knowing.
get the new ones put in by a ford dealer. they know the proper way to install the bulbs. they are burning up because you are putting them in wrong, or you are putting in the wrong ones.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

    There are some bulbs that require you NOT touch them with your bare fingers while installing them. It seems that oils from your fingers shorten their life. Could this be your problem????

All Halogen lamps with single glass envelope are thus affected!!!
If you do touch the glass, use alcohol to clean off oils
you pay..DEAL with it!

All the above assuming that you are NOT also going through batteries every year or so... that would point to faulty voltage regulator.
you pay..DEAL with it!
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Use brand-name bulbs and DON'T touch the bulb glass during installation. If you notice condensation inside the assemblies, especially after a rain, you have leaking housings and they need replacement.