Headlights

How do you disconnect the daytime running lights? As I had posted earlier regarding a problem after an e-test. The problem has now advanced to the point that the headlights will not shut off at
all. I am having to disconnect the battery everytime I shut the truck off, or the lights just stay on. Any help will be appreciated Thank You
better check your owners manual before you get carried away. Someone might have changed a setting that makes it stay on for a pre-determend amount of time. Othe than that...what year is it? what model? check for a fuse that says DRL in the manual and pull it...

off,
Hi This very problem happened to my 1998 Ford Taurus Sedan. The Daytime running Light Module is under the Left Front Wheel well. Its about the Size of a Cigarette box. On my car it failed in the permanent-on position. I didnt disconnect the battery every night, but found a fuse that powers it under the hood fuse box. I eventually replaced the part myself. it cost me about $70 US.
The funny thing about pulling that fuse, I had no heat. seems that fuse powered other things in the car. weird huh?
Good luck Larry

I just had the dealership replace that module for the exact same problem. I knew where it was located, but couldn't find it easily (I don't have a hoist or anything to get good access from underneath).
I'm curious as to whether there is any disassembly of the fender or anything required to access it. I have a feeling that the dealership didn't really need the whole hour they charged me to replace it (yes, I know, minimum charge, but they kept me waiting the whole hour anyway) !
The other thing I am curious about is which fuse was pulled to temporarily "fix" the problem. While I was having the problem (while on vacation, naturally) pulling fuses didn't help. I had to disconnect the battery everytime I parked the car. Pulling the DRL fuse didn't kill the headlights, neither did pulling any of the high or low beam fuses, etc.
Gerry

off,