Headlights oscillating

Page 2 of 2

And don't forget to "pulverize" it when installing!
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Sorry if I missed it, but can an alternator be tested with a VOM?
Last time I had the auto parts place test one, they pinpointed the alternator. Bought it, had a mechanic check it out, also said it was the alternator, they replaced it and 2 weeks later same problem. Turned out to be bad connections. Big unnecessary expense.
Would rather TS it myself as much as I can.
in message This just started.... or at least I just noticed it. With the headlights on dim and engine warmed up and idling, the brightness cycles from normal to slightly dim. Cycle time is around a second. When I rev the engine slightly, they return to normal steady brightness.
When running with or without lights, the ammeter is just right of center, slightly charging, in the normal position.
I don't suspect a connection -- within the last 2 months, I removed and cleaned all the battery connections, including regulator and other parts when I was fixing a grounding issue.
Battery cranks start just fine. No other indications of failing battery.
Thanks folks,
Snuffy