hearter fan problems on1991 Ford E250 van

I have a 1991 Ford E250. This morning the heater/AC fan did not work on any setting. Later in the morning I tried the fan again and it worked on all three settings but after the fan is set to medium or high
setting the fan gradually slows down to the low setting speed after about 5 seconds. It will blow continously but at the lower speed. Does any body have a sugestion of how to fix the problem?

can you get to the blower itself? Sounds like the bearings have gummed up.
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!