heater blower/relay problems with `94 Aspire

Hi all,

My fiance's father and I have been bewildered for quite some time on this issue, so I thought I would present it to everyone on here with the hope that someone will be a little more knowlegeable about this problem...

Basically, our `94 ford Aspire with 223,000 miles on it has sat for over a year after the death of my fiance's mother, and when we finally got around to changing all the paperwork around and get it going again, we ran into the problem of the heater blower not working.

We believe that it may be the heater relay since the blower is not getting any power(hooked a multimeter to the leads), but we can't find the relay anywhere, and the Haynes manual is not helpful in this matter. I know there are several relays up by the driver's side light relay, but I do not know how to deciepher the markings on any of these.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sam Bradshaw.

Reply to
samuelj

According to Autozone's component locater, the blower relay is:

UNDER HOOD, DRIVER SIDE, FRONT ENGINE AREA, FRONT DRIVER SIDE OF BATTERY, MOUNTED ON FENDERWELL

check all likely fuses too

opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic