Heater core 87 GM

Anyone ever replaced the heater core on late 80's Grand Marquis? Approx. labor hours? Any shortcuts vrs the Chilton procedure?

My boys 84 CV is due for a new clip and paint and the heater core went out. Since the AC has not worked in years we adapted the heater lines to the in dash ac unit. Works great I might add. You have to have the lever on cold instead of heat. We'll put a new unit in when we redo the old girl.. It throws more than enough heat. Bob
GOD BLESS THE USA Member of IPCO- International Pest Control Operators Public message board- http://www.ipconetwork.org/fmb/cboard.mv
Would that work on a 89 Mustang GT?
Don Manning

I'm not sure. It should be able to make work. My son's has no vacum controls on it. Just a lever.
GOD BLESS THE USA Member of IPCO- International Pest Control Operators Public message board- http://www.ipconetwork.org/fmb/cboard.mv
you would get full heat all the time tho, as air passed through the evaporator and there is no blend air door to bypass air around it as there is with the heater core, a real ghetto repair but if thats what your after then so be it.

Turn the blower down, DUH Ghetto repair, ??? It sound like something you know about. The man asked for a short-cut. I gave him one. What is your contribution? Nothing. but a possible insult to my many freinds of African linage.