Heater Core and heat?

Ok

One more thing. I am thinking of blowing off this core problem for now. I am going to seal it off and use a space heater instead. I have seen a lot of 12 volt heater blowers on the net. They use 12 volt of course and some use 20-25 amps. Is this a problem in these vehicles? I live in the south near the coast so it doesn't get too cold.

Thanks cashmony

1989 lincoln town car owner
Reply to
Thomas Lane

Well, since the AC clutch uses something around 10 amps, and the cars heater/ac fan can draw between 5 and 20 amps depending on speed, I'd say a space heater drawing 25 amps used in lieu of the factory stuff should not be much of a problem. Just don't run it thru the lighter socket.

Reply to
AZGuy

Reply to
<rusto11