Heater Problem-Grand Marq

The "Heat" position on the automatic heater control has quit on my 93 Grand Marquis. The heater still works when I put it on Defrost. I have not got
into the dash yet. Any ideas on what may be wrong, and how to pull the heater control module from the dash? Advise appreciated.
An initial check should be made to insure that the vacuum lines that are presumably connected to the HVAC controls are intact and properly connected. Failure and/or misadjustment of the blend door cable is not to ruled out. Mark