heater (rheostat)

My heater only works on the highest level. It does not even blow any air on the low and medium setting. I have looked into it and came up with the conclusion that it was the rheostat. I would like to replace,
but I am not sure where the rheostat is located on a 1998 ford ranger. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

it is not a rheostat... there is a resistor assembly in the heater housing itself.. may be under the dash or under the hood, at least 4 wires going to it. 2 screws holding the assy in. replace it, readily available at ford dealers.
you pay..DEAL with it!