HEATER TEMPERTATURE 86 FORD ESCORT

I have a 1986 Ford excort.
I seems to me that the heater should be putting out more heat. So I put a thermometer in air coming out of the vent.
The temperature read about 85 degrees F when driving.
I parked and reved the engine and the temperature went up to 95 and then went down.
I don't know if these temperatures are normal.
Dose anybody know what they should be?
If they are not normal what would be some of the causes for the temperatures to be low?

Yes that seams low, check the coolant level and thermostat for being stuck open. Does it have a temp gauge? It can be used to see if its warming up properly.
Shoe Salesman wrote:

said. :)
Shoe Salesman wrote:

more heat. Thanks for your advice. :)

Good to hear it worked....and by posting back you could help others with the same problem. It is amazing in a way but t-stats usually stick open, not closed, when they do stick. I've changed WAY more that were stuck open than closed.
Shoe Salesman wrote:

On the 86 Ford Escort it is a real bear to change. It is on the left side of the engine under hoses & wires. :)