HELP!!!! 1994 ford taurus wagon 3.8 liter v-6 ignition switch problems

I just bought a 1994 ford taurus wagon 3.8 liter v-6 auto power everything. Ihad to put a new battery in it and in doing so I popped something all fuses in fuse panel are fine and in power dist box under hood. heres the problem the guy i bought it from wired the cooling fan to ignition so when the switch is in the on position the fan is running, when i put the new battery in the fan radio and clock only run in the acc position and not when the ignition switch is in the on position if you have any answers please help!!!!!!!

Reply to
racer30wa

You know racer, it helps to quote at least a little of what you are responding to.

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

what r u refering to should i rename my post and if so how do i do that without reposting

Reply to
racer30wa

No, don't worry, there's not much you can do about it. It appears you are posting at a website (talkaboutautos.com) that happens to port their messages into a newgroup (alt.autos.ford) without regard to the newsgoup protocol. The HTML code on the site links the messages into the appropriate threads and strings but we don't have the benefit of seeing what you are responding to.

Happy modeming, Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

Well, you might want to address the potential bigger problem first. If the guy hot wired the fan like this, it might have been to cover up the head gaskets leaking and the temp gauge is jumping around. The fan is controlled By the CCRM module above the radiator. I would restore its proper hook up.

If the wiring is too cobbled up, your going to need the factory shop manual to get it figured out. Now, one thing you need to see is if you have power to the fuses. Its not just a matter of the fuses being good, there has to be power to them to get anywhere else. If the fuse box is dead, you might have a bad ignition switch or fusible link somewhere. With the wiring diagram, you start at the battery and work your way forward to determine where the power stops. Does the starter work? Headlights?

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ