Help

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY 1973 FORD TORINO.I HAD A MOTER CRAFT 2BB,IVE REBILT IT 3 TIMES AND IT FLOODS OUT THE TOP.IT DOES OK DRIVING UNDER 30 MPH,AS SOON AS I STEP ON THE GAS IT FLOODS.I BOUGH A HOLLY REBULT 2BB IT
RAN GOOD FOR 2 WEEKS,AND THE SAME FLOODING CAME BACK,I PUT A NEW POWER VALE WITH BLOW OUT PERVENTER.BUT IT STILL FLOODING.CAN SOME ONE HELP ME

You can start by dropping the CAPS. Using all CAPs is considered shouting and rude.
Jeff
sorry i didnt know.sorry everyone.
Now don't be going polar on us.... There is much to be said for even mediocre grammar, spelling and punctuation. It makes things easier to understand.
Given your symptoms, I'd have to wonder what fuel pressure is doing when you rev the motor. Additionally, you need to be very sure that vacuum lines are hooked up appropriately. Since the car is a 73, you'll also need to be sure about the operation of the evaporative emissions system.

Jim Warman wrote:

ohhh carbs, you got to love to hate 'em :) They do make me think back to my youth though....lol
On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:38:02 -0400, "casper27"

First, was flooding a problem when you rebuilt the first carb the firts time? If not, you may be looking at a procedural problem. Those two carbs are a bit different in design. The only way a carb can flood over the top is if the float is not controlling the flow or the carb body is cracked around the needle valve, missing gasket, etc. Another left field type problem may be the evaporative emissions system allowing a back feed but, I would think this would require an over full fuel tank building pressure as it warms to get that much fuel backed up anbd your system should overflow on the ground first. The only other factor to look at here is excess fuel pressure. Have you checked the fuel pressure at various engine speeds? Has an add-on electric fuel pump been installed? It is very rare for the original mechanical pump on the engine to ever increase fuel pressure as it ages but, not impossible. An electric pump usually requires or has some sort of pressure regulator which may go bad or need adjustment. Since you have had multiple floodings with two completely different carbs, I would think your problem is elsewhere. BTW, the power valve in a Holley cannot cause flooding. It can cause an over rich fuel mix which is a quite different condition. Lastly, I am making some assumptions that you are competent to rebuild a carb and set float levels properly. Each of these carbs have specific methods of setting. If you are not intimately familiar with the process, you need to do some research or get a manual and follow it to the letter. Even experience technicians can have problems in this area if they do not have the specs or methods done correctly.
Lugnut
thank you all your input has helped.my 73 torino has the machanical pump,it hasnt been change.ive never had a problem with a holly.i took the 2bb off and opened it up and i found a crack under the needle and seat,so i got a eldbrok air gap manifold and a 4 bb holly dominator,and i have no more problems except the gas price..thank you all for your help..