Help!!

I just bought a 2000 ford taurus se. It has the cd changer option on the deck. So here are my questions, where does the cd changer go? Do I need to buy anything else but the cd changer? And does it have to be a
ford factory changer or can it be from anywhere? I would love some advice because i am losing my mind only having the radio! Thanks Krystal
Help!! Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Wed, Aug 30, 2006, 6:21pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Cougar) I just bought a 2000 ford taurus se. It has the cd changer option on the deck. So here are my questions, where does the cd changer go? Do I need to buy anything else but the cd changer? And does it have to be a ford factory changer or can it be from anywhere? I would love some advice because i am losing my mind only having the radio! Thanks Krystal <<<<<<<<
The changer would go in the trunk. Look behind the drivers side panel in the trunk for the heart of the system. OTOH you could go to an auto stereo store buy the changer and let them do the install.
Eric
Cougar wrote:

I've got the same model Taurus and I installed an Audiovox 6 disk changer in the trunk. It uses the controls on the Ford factory radio seamlessly. It's installed along the upper edge of the trunk right in the middle. If I had to do it over again, I'd move it over to one side or the other just to make it easier to get oversized items in the trunk.
Let me throw one other idea out before you go and spend money: ever since I got Sirius satellite radio installed, I almost never listen to CDs in the car any more. I can listen to the same station driving all the way from one coast to the other. No commercials, either.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Thank you very much for the advice. I have thought about getting a satellite radio. I know it's much better, i think i might check that out instead of the changer!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

--
I. Care