help! 70 thunderbird infested with demons

Hi, I just ought a70 T-Bird, a really big car with a really big problem. someone or some thing is preventing the turn signals and brake lights from working. If there is anybody out there with some
idea how to trouble shoot this please give me some guidance. Thanks Eric
Eric Houkal wrote:

Well, that's been a long time ago, but I'll try.
Clue me in, does your 70 have sequential turn signals? I don't remember. Do the front turn signals work (do they come on when selected?). If the front signals light but the rear sequentials don't work, the problem is likely in the sequential mechanism. There is a chance that the Turn signal switch is faulty due to excessive current to the sequential relay pack, but the most likely is a concern in the unit itself.
I fyou don't have sequential TSs, then test the turn signal switch, assuming the front sigs light.
OBTW, your "really big car with a really big problem" is also a really big want in my world. I'll gladly take it off your hands so you don't have to deal with the electrical problems :) I wouldn't want you to be saddled with such a mechanical nightmare ;)         Enjoy your Bird, Tom Adkins