HELP 94 taurus 3.8!!! Where is my #1 tdc mark on the balancer?

ugh just in case google fails!

Reply to
Chooch

"Chooch" wrote

It's supposed to be on the flat curvy part of the balancer, engine side of the pulleys. The index pointer is supposedly a pyramid-shaped blob on the front of the timing cover.

Now, I don't know if I went blind that day, or if my neck just doesn't twist the right direction(s), but I couldn't find either one of them on Momsy's 91 wagon. Maybe I was supposed to remove the right fender and cut off the frame rail to get to it? Even the Haynes manual has "drivebelts removed for clarity".

Reply to
MasterBlaster

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:58:35 GMT, "MasterBlaster" The index pointer is supposedly a pyramid-shaped blob on the front of the timing cover.

i removed the outer fender cover. cleaned the balancer, and then i saw everything. what were they thinking! also needed to remove the alt bracket to twist the damn distro in. its all done, and runs great! mommys happy, and i got my car back. in another 3 years im gonna have to do the distro again.

Reply to
Chooch