Help: 98 Taurus, expansion tank

1998 Taurus, 3.0L V6 2V, automatic
After the engine heats up, at the end of a trip, the tank leaks from the bottom. I pulled the tank and there is some kind of hole in the bottom that
looks like a pressure relief. Is it? or can I epoxy it up and forget about it.
here is a pic: http://www.glocktech.net/b/tank.htm
If it is the pressure relief, is the tank shot?
TIA Bill snipped-for-privacy@gflocfk.net remove all "f"'s from address
Replace it!

That is not a pressure relief valve. That is where the tank was ejected from the injection molding machine. Your tank have what amounts to a longitudinal crack that is probably not visible when the tank is cold. Epoxy will not hold. As the previous post said, replace it.. about $25.00, new from the dealer.

Yeah, that's what I figured. It just looked strange. I will get another today. Thanks.
wrote:

remove all "f"'s from address