HELP! Cop Car 96 Cr/V -Rr Doors Diagrams please?

OK, first let me brag. Saturday I bought a U of Cal cop car (skateboard chaser), a 1996 Crown Victoria with 67K on it. Also, as luck would have it, whoever took it apart also left the radio, the repeater, the cage, the shotgun
rack, and.....the Edge 9000 lightbar in the trunk. Price? $2000 plus 10% auction fee.
The car is a dreamboat. And, hit the gas and it flat flies! It purrs, the A/C works purrrrfectly, and I've also noticed on my monumemtous commute runs from Santa Cruz to San Jose, that everyone in front of you gets out of your way-even when you drive the speed limit. AWESOME!
However, I do have a problem. The rear doors have actuators that control the door opening handle and the push-down lock for the back seat. I have the parts and the rivets; but I don't have a picture of how they go together. Hence I need help.
I guesss my questions are: Does anyone have a picture of how the lock/latch assembly go together? Do I have to pull the latch and the locking solenoid to accomplish this task, then rivet, then reassemble everything...or is there another way. I'd appreciate some help if you can spare the time.
TIA
Steve Hartman Santa Cruz, CA.
DUMBnEASY wrote:

CD for the 96 contour(it should cover all ford cars)... mine does.... then you can buy it for about $8.00 or $11.00 and then use it for this and other things..... pretty cheap price to pay for the info....
DUMBnEASY wrote:

Q: when you buy an ex cop car, is it still in police colours? Don't you have to repaint it?
--
i.s.

speed is just a question of money, how fast can you go?

No you don't have to repaint it... There are no laws about having a police car or painting your car like a police car... Although they have recently caught three active sexual predators driving around in old police cars and 1 in an old ambulance. So stay tuned some misguided politician may try to outlaw it, like it would matter to a criminal...
351CJ wrote:

So, Blues Brothers are TRUE :)))) Here in Europe (Croatia) it is illegal to have police colours on your car, if you buy it in an auction you have to repaint it or you can't get your registration.
--
i.s.

speed is just a question of money, how fast can you go?

Does the whelen light bar they gave you have red and/or blue lenses in it?
Check on Ebay - I did a quick search of the Ebay Motors manuals section and found many shop manuals available. At least one source is selling the "Ford Factory Manual" on a CD for $3. It will show everything. BTW, I have a '95 CV and plan to drive it a few hundred thousand miles yet. (It's only at 123k right now). A factory manual will pay for itself very quickly.
PoD