Help, I can't open the boot on my 1.6 Escort LX

Hi There's always been an electrical fault when opening my boot, but normally if it doesn't open I can push the fog light and heated rear window buttons
together and the boot will open. The key gave up working on the boot years ago when it was owned by my parents. The trouble is I now can't get the boot to open at all! Has anyone else had this problem or do you have any idea of how to fix it? Thanks in advance Chris