HELP ME! My 1989 ford pickup transmition

I put in a used transmition, I cant get the master slave to build pressure and I know the master cylinder is working. Is there soppose to be a rubber
stopper like the ones you see in a brake fluid reservoir in the clutch reservoir? When I returned to the salvage yard I searched the one in that truck but there were none and as I rummmmaged through the cab I found an old Clutch slave which leads me to believe the one I received in the used transmition was new and it looked new. I know my master cylinder is good because it was fine before the tranny went out. And when I went to the parts store and inquire about this answer he didnt know but when he showed me the new master cylinder for the clutch it had a rubber stopper in it, if you have a 1988-1994 ford two wheel drive four or five speed which is what mine is could you let me know.

Did you bleed the air from the slave?
Dunno what that would have to do with the 'stopper' which I assume is the reservoir cover.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Yes I bleed it but it wont pump up the clutch pedal.
Hi there, I have a 93 F150 5spd with hydraulic clutch, and the master cylinder reservoir does have a rubber cap on it, but if it is full, I would think that the rubber's only function is a seal to keep dust out. I do know mine does travel with the clutch fluid level. Do you see fluid coming out of the slave anywhere? I know mine has a cylindrical slave cylinder that sems to be integral with the release bearing, but I have never actually taken it apart. Hope that helps even a little.