Help ! !Motor Home dead + Hurricane

Help Needed!! Before Hurricane gets here.

I have a Motor Home, it's a Ford E 350 460 Class C. Either the fuel pump or filter is bad. The filter has a clip that hold's the fuel line into the end of the filter. We removed the clip but the line won't come out. I assumed that when the clip was removed I should have been able to pull the line out of the filter. WRONG. How do you get it out of the filter??? Maybe a Special High Cost tool from Ford ??? Hurricane Ivan is heading toward me and I would like to get it running so I can take my Motor Home someplace safe.

If the filter is clear and it's a bad fuel pump, I will put an in-line pump outside the tank. My question on this is do you have to remove the "in tank pump"?

Time is short and Hurricane is to near for my likes.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Julie In Tampa Florida

Reply to
Julie in Tampa

Julie,

The fuel line is held together by a spring clamp inside the round area where the lines come together. you can buy a tool for this for just a couple dollars at any automotive parts store. It's like a clam shell and slips around the fuel line. Slide it into the joint and it will make the spring expand. You can now slide the fitting apart. Good luck.

Reply to
Jimz466

Also, does the MH have an fuel pump inertia switch? If it does, and the switch tripped, it will prevent the pump from running. They normally just use a push button to reset.

Reply to
Jimz466

Jimz466 opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m11.aol.com:

It could be a pump relay as well.

good luck!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Or an EEC relay or a fuse link or a wiring or ground problem or any number of other things. I wonder how Julie narrowed the problem down to a fuel pump or a filter? It would be very unlikely that a filter would suddenly plug so bad that the engine won't even start. I guess she can piss around until the next hurricane has come and gone if she wants...... wouldn't be my first choice though. Bob

Reply to
Bob