Help : Need vacuum advance for a Ford 3.0 Taurus engine.

I want to put a ford 3.0 taurus engine in an old forklift but Haven't found a distributor with a vacuum advance. All help will be appreciated. Bryan

Reply to
bjw2470t

I'd like to marinize one, too, and am having the same issue... to a point.

I'd like to have it be a carb'd 3.0, w/ centrifugal advance only. Looks like I'd have to do a side-draft carb, & cobble together a distributor from the parts bin, with a Pertronix module and conventional battery ignition... then the copper gaskets & water-cooled exhaust manifolds... so I just canned the whole idea.

How are you going to get it to mate up into a lift truck(PTO, carb, engine control, etc.)? The chevy 4.3 V-6 is widely used in that application(marine too...), and they are plentiful & cheap. That's the route that makes the most sense.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

why u need vacuum ? use the pip module and some msd module for fords ... then u evem have knock control

Reply to
Rob