HELP! (please:)

Hey all you car experts out there...I need some info before going to the garage and hoped someone could help me out?

I have a 2002 Ford Focus.

I was recently rear ended (not a major accident)a nd now when I drive my car over 65mph the steering wheel starts shaking back and forth and I feel if I were to go any faster the car would just fall to pieces!

I know I need to get it to the garage to have it checked since the fender bender, but I want to know what the problem could be before hand.

Also, is it dangerous for me to be driving the car? I travel the interstate everyday for work and would hate to be one of those stranded people we all see on the side of the road during morning rush hour.

Thanks so much for any help anyone can provide...I would REALLY appreciate it !

Happy Holidays

-Ford Focus Driver

Reply to
lauren

Take it and get it fixed now before you kill someone or yourself. There are alot of things it could be like something bent or broken, a bad tire, a wheel getting ready to fall off.......I wouldn't drive it over

15mph if it acts like you say. And have someone follow you to the shop in case you don't make it.
Reply to
ShoeSaleman

My first thought is a wheel weight got knocked off or one of the wheels got knocked out of round. Get it fixed before all the vibration starts causing more stuff to fail. Prevention is always cheaper than cure.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN