Help............please

I got a 1990 Lincoln Towncar Problem no atc. My mechanic has trouble shooted and replaced...The brain or control module under hood near blower box..checked all fuses..replaced the in-dash conrtols....he told me he replaced a computer box that was located in the trunk on the pasanger side.traced all wires still no heater/ac operation.pleas help! ps i have a 1990 taraus that haS THE EXACT PROBLEM any suggestions

thanks..bob in ohio

Reply to
Bob K

I got a 1990 Lincoln Towncar Problem no atc. My mechanic has trouble shooted and replaced...The brain or control module under hood near blower box..checked all fuses..replaced the in-dash conrtols....he told me he replaced a computer box that was located in the trunk on the pasanger side.traced all wires still no heater/ac operation.pleas help! ps i have a 1990 taraus that haS THE EXACT PROBLEM any suggestions

thanks..bob in ohio

~*Sigsations*~

Reply to
Thomas Moats

~*Sigsations*~

Reply to
Thomas Moats

[...]

Petebert

Thomas Moats opined

Well, here's another talking ass.

If your account is true, you have been ripped off....Or he is an idiot.

And for most of us, html posting on these newsgroups end up in a messy post that WE have to scrape off to reply to them.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I got a 1990 Lincoln Towncar Problem no atc. My mechanic has trouble shooted and replaced...The brain or control module under hood near blower box..checked all fuses..replaced the in-dash conrtols....he told me he replaced a computer box that was located in the trunk on the pasanger side.traced all wires still no heater/ac operation.pleas help! ps i have a 1990 taraus that haS THE EXACT PROBLEM any suggestions

thanks..bob in ohio

~*Sigsations*~

Reply to
Thomas Moats

the CCRelay module on the top of my 93 taurus radiator is the relay for the fuel pump, the fan for the radiator, and the power for the A/C clutch(without it the compressor will not engage to give you cool air in the car).....

Reply to
jim

Yep, you need a mechanic that can diagnose, not just spend your money on parts......

Reply to
Scott M

How bout he has been ripped off and he is the idiot. The mechanic is just a thief who knows his pray.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

i apologize for the music

The computer box in the trunk that was'nt there was replaced with the correct one (trunk, right side") and is now operating the atc just fine.

tom your still an ass

Reply to
Bob K

Yea, right! Must be the water, the full moon has past.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

No goal. Ok, I'll ply your stupid game. Lets say your T/C is a 92, that would mean it has EATC, electronic automatic temperature control. The "computer box" as you called it would not be in the trunk, it would be in the dash. That thing you slide the knob for the temperature, the button you push for AC or Floor? That is the "computer box". Not in the trunk, not under the hood, IN THE DASH. Which means A) you are fishing and I took the bait. 2) You are now trying to play some stupid "I got you!" game, which you lost. 3) you are very stupid and you have been shown so you now need to do something to save face.

There is no AC computer box in you trunk get over it.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

X-No-Archive:Yes From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bob K) Newsgroups: alt.autos.mitsubishi Subject: 1990 eclipse............. Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 20:18:21 -0400 Organization: WebTV Subscriber Lines: 34 Message-ID: NNTP-Posting-Host: localhost.webtv.net Mime-Version: 1.0 (WebTV) Content-Type: Multipart/Mixed; Boundary=WebTV-Mail-30591-1078 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit X-WebTV-Signature: 1 ETAtAhRpulKGR5A3OeuMJZnQt5gfvHY98gIVALiCYqSrBitlL45UHrb495kDqXpX Content-Disposition: Inline X-WebTV-Stationery: Standard; Background="

"; TextColor=white

4-cyl turbo awd auto

Car when put in any gear sounds like a box of rocks crunching. bought for $800.00 Previos owner said the trans was replaced less than 1 year ago I found the right rear tire was several sizes bigger than the rest. Could this have destroyed the transfer case? All axles and shafts are intact. The car has a strong moter, is it worth repairing? Sell for parts?

thanks.bob in ohio

sunday No goal. Ok, I'll ply your stupid game. Lets say your T/C is a 92, that would

Reply to
BeeVee