Help, please.. AeroStar Trans shifting problem

Since I know next to diddly about transmissions, hope one of you guys on here can help me..
Truck acts like it wants to move but seems to slip badly when I try to
start up start in OD position, starting in D, 2 or 1 works ok.. then I can shift to OD once I'm up to speed. Had it SEEM to slip ONCE in Reverse.
Having read before that several things can cause similar problems, I immediately thought of the 1st accum piston.. but then I would have trouble in any position, right?
Then thought of the MLPS (did a search to get the term).
Also it SEEMS to me the trans is quick to shift down at a slight tip-in or throttle change, at least in OD and D.
Guess I could rule out the TPS or VSS with these symptoms.. at least for the primarily problem.. or can I?
What do ya think?
Too late.. just blew the front seal
Ah.. I shoulda been more sensitive to the 'feel' not driven it until I at least tried the MLPS.