Help?!? Rear drums on Merc Villager

Ok, so I've actually got a 2000 Quest (Nissan's equivalent of the Villager, built by Ford) and the rear drum set-up requires two bolts to be inserted into
holes either side of the bearing.
Can anyone clue me in to what size/thread these things take?
Thanks in advance!
Faze3 wrote:

it will push the rear brake drum off the hub so you can get the drum off?? if so then try a 9 MM bolt.. make sure it goes into the hole squarely.... i had a 75 datsun pickup truck and thats what i needed.... i went to the hardware store by the house and bought about three bolts, it looked like a 1/4 in. size, but it was metric.. so i got either a 8,9,10 mm bolt and tried it to size and i think the 9 mm was the one.. so i went back and gave the guy at the local store the others and got one more 9 mm bolt and it worked fine... it was the only way to get the drum off.... hope this helps.

Thanks. After I posed the original message, I found a set of tools that gave the dimensions as 8mm x 1.25. Well, I went and bought a couple of 8mm bolts, and no go.
Looks like I'll have to take it to a brake shop. I'll try to take plenty of lube with me so the screwing they're going to give me won't hurt as bad.

Maybe just rust or the wrong thread. It is very likely to be an even number like 8mm or 10mm. You can buy alot of bolts for the money they will charge you to do the brakes...I wouldnt give up so fast. GL