Help Removing Factory Radio From 93 Aerostar

Well, I removed the ashtray and the two screws, and the panel. Now, how do I get the radio out of there? I don't see anything holding it in but it won't budge. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Kevin
Kevin opined in

see the two holes to each side of the faceplate?
that's where the shafts of u-shaped tools are inserted, notches inward.. press outward on each and pull.
Walmart used to have the tools.. dont last time i looked. I bought 4 cheap 1/8" drill bits.. worked well because they dont bend as easily.
push them in until you feel them pass a detent.

see the two holes to each side of the faceplate?
that's where the shafts of u-shaped tools are inserted, notches inward.. press outward on each and pull.
Walmart used to have the tools.. dont last time i looked. I bought 4 cheap 1/8" drill bits.. worked well because they dont bend as easily.
push them in until you feel them pass a detent.
They've got the tools on ebay, do a search on Ford radios.
bamp
"bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message

cheap
In a pinch, you can cut apart a sturdy wire coathanger, and bend it into the correct shape.. works just as well.
Thanks to everybody for the great advice. I picked up that tool at Wal-Mart and it worked on the first try....scared me to death. I'm not used to things being that easy.
Kevin