help! Taurus won't start

I have a 92 Taurus 3.8 engine. I just finished replacing the head gaskets, first time I ever did that but I went by the book ans I think I did everything OK, and got everything hooked back together right.
It turns over and sounds fine turning over, but doesn't start. I don't smell any gas around the intake area so I'm guessing it's not getting fuel. Checked to see if the fule pump cutoff switch in the trunk needed to be reset but that wasn't it.
Can someone give me a list of things to check/try ?
Thanks, Rod
Are you getting spark? is the rotor turning? is the fuel getting up to the engine?