Help - weird elec. problem

I've got a '92 Bronco with a wiring problem I can't figure out. It's always blowing the fuse for the brake lights..... or the parking/running lights.... hell, I can't remember which one right now,,, but it's repeatable ( is that a word?).

Anyway,, this is what happens,,, If I've got the running lights or headlights on, my foot on the brake,, and the dome light comes on,, the fuse blows for brake lights,,,, or the parking/running lights,, one or the other, but i can't remember which one.

It may happen when only the brake lights and dome light come on at the same time,,, but again, I haven't driven it for a while sooo.....

can anyone tell me common denominator for the brake lights and the dome lights.... why would it be doing this? I also thought I read somewhere that ford uses a positive ground live neutral floating something or another, that I'm pretty sure I don't quite understand. Does mean all my grounds will test hot, or all my red wires act like black wires or what?

Thx

w.d

Reply to
Wheeler.Dealer

Ford uses negative ground. Don't worry about that.

I had an old Mopar that shared the taillights/parking lights and the interior lights on the same circuit. You may want to check your owner's manual and look at the fuse diagram to verify that is the case for you. Beyond that, the best I can offer is you have a short somewhere. Check for frayed wiring around your brake light switch.

Reply to
gmach3