Help with Sable CD Changer.

My 6 CD Changer has stopped working. I was wondering if anyone has experience installing a new name unit in the trunk and if the controls will work the new unit simply by plugging in to existing trunk connector.

Thanks, Glenn

Reply to
David Puddy

You can purchase units that will work with your Mach system, but not just your average fm modulated unit.

Check Ebay. There are a ton there. IIRC, they're around $200.

Also, check out

for lots of help with Taurus/Sable cars.

CJ

Reply to
CJB

Thanks for the link !!!

Reply to
Oncler

Just fix the existing for around $100.00

Reply to
Masterson

Also, try

for car stereo equipments that will fit in your car perfectly.

Reply to
CyberWolf

Why buy from a website, when a local dealer will sell it for the same price? And give you local service??

I can never understand that!

Reply to
Masterson

Local dealers usually don't know exactly what stereo equipments would fit in your vehicles perfectly. They would make you buy crap for your car which will cost extra and force you to rewire or cut your car's wiring system. That will permanently damage your car's wiring. That kind of damage on your car will lose its resale value. Local services usually costs MORE than you can imagine. I personally think that local services is a waste of money.

I have been a long time customer of Crutchfield. They are kinda like Curcuit City or Best Buy. However, they only offer products through mail order service. Crutchfield KNOWS exactly what equipments fits in your car perfectly. They did research and tests themselves in their labs. Curcuit City, Best Buy or any local dealers doesn't know shit about car stereos. Crutchfield has very knowledgable tech support associates who can assist you with intalling car setereo equipments or home audio system on your own. You DON'T need a local technican to do the job for you. Save your money and do it on your own.

Each car stereo equipments that you purchase from Crutchfield comes with an absolutely FREE harness and instalation kit with easy-to-follow, do-it-yourself instructions. Those instalation kits from Crutchfield will prevent permanent damages to your car wiring system. I'd suggest you to take advantage of Crutchfield. If you order any items from Crutchfield, you will get them via UPS within 2 days. Electronic units from Crutchfield are priced MUCH lower than what you would buy at Curcuit City, Best Buy or any local dealers. The best thing is, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PAY SALES TAX!!!! (Except for VA residents.)

Request a FREE catalog mailed to your house via USPS today!!! You'll be glad you did.

~CyberWolf

Reply to
CyberWolf

Your Obviously delusional and bias.

Reply to
Masterson

I don't think you have a clue what I was talking about. I am not delusional and biased. I just don't trust local or chain electronics dealers. I look for the best deals and the best (customer) service. Crutchfield is a factory-based electronics dealership in Virginia. They have their own factory warehouse with thousands of brands you can choose from at very reasonable prices. I personally think that Crutchfield is the best electronics dealership in the whole world.

I'm not saying wheter it's right or wrong to purchase an electronics unit from a local dealership, chain dealership, mail order dealership or an online dealership. Everyone has their own preference in where they want to purchase their electronics unit from. If you are comefortable with the services from your local dealers, then stick with it. That's your business. I am comfortable with Crutchfield's services on my electronics needs. I was only making a suggestion to someone else here to try Crutchfield. That doesn't mean you have to try their services.

I've almost had it with you, Masterson. You are so ignorant!

~CyberWolf

Reply to
CyberWolf

But you will 'trust' a mail order company? odd. and you really think that Crutchfield isn't a chain electronics dealer??

The store I work for will take $20 off Crutchfields price as soon as the customer walks in with a Crutchfield catalog. Crutchfield sells at MAP, easy to beat. As far as service goes, a local dealer will swap out the electronics same day of your appointment, if its broken. With, Crutchfield you have a delay. You have to wait for the shipping. Also with regards to service, a Voice on the phone is nothing compared to a person standing in front of you.

Factory based??? Now you are starting to see where my other comment comes from. Do you mean factory authorized? So are local dealers! Do you mean Car factory based? They aren't.

We discussed this above.

Here is the Biased. Using words like "in the whole world" Come on...

When buying online, most manufactures revoke their warranty. Not a good idea.

This paragraph you are completely correct. Thank you for making a rational statement.

Not True. You made a statement of fact. You implied that Crutchfield is the GREATEST, THE BEST, THE ONLY..........blah blah blah. when in fact they are not. Crutchfield has many shortcomings. They don't know EXACTLY what fits into every car (your statement), they don't do EXTENSIVE research (again your statement) and they certainly don't have a corner on service.

Good luck, I hope you continue to shop at Crutchfield. They are a good company. Just please try and remember that local shops hire quality employees also, they sell the same products, at similar prices, most importantly the can talk to you face to face.

Reply to
Masterson