Help with throttle surge

i start my truck up and let it run for 5 mins and when i press the throttle the rpms will dip down before they go up why?

Reply to
timgodsil

It does it because it knows you're not smart enough to include any pertinent information....

When you step on the throttle, the vacuum at the diaphragm changes..... this cause the breaker plate to move. If the points are improperly gapped, this motion can change the dwell enough to change the timing drastically.....

Reply to
Jim Warman

My truck is a 1992 f 150 4.9 l it has eltronic spark

Reply to
timgodsil

I would scan for codes.... if there are none, I might check the TPS as a place to start.

The truck is in a good state of tune, right?

Reply to
Jim Warman