Here's a better idea, Ford...

Sell the GT for the price it should sell for, which is about the same as a Corvette.

Okay... I'll bite.
WHY should it sell for the same price as a vette?
Mind putting down what you think the cost of build would be.. and profit per car.. and dont forget to project sales volume.
And, finally, exactly how doing that would help Ford.
you pay..DEAL with it!

Pricing is set by the market. Competition sets the price.
Build cost can be reduced as needed by outsourcing. Build the thing in China in a few years and the build cost could be quite low.
Selling vehicles with quality that customers want and making money would help Ford quite a bit. The change might shock them at first, but I think they could handle it.
Nah...
the 2k5 'stang won't stand against a 'vette
(but I would buy the stang first, looks nicer)
It's about the *only* retro-car that looks nice IMHO
--

(\_ _/)
Bret, What you're saying holds much merit however, Corvettes are built on an assembly line in Bowling Green, KY whereas the Ford GT is primarily hand built with the exception of the robot welds of the chassis/"skeleton". (Saw this on a program on Speedvision) Do I really think that is justification for the juxtaposition in price of a Corvette and Ford GT? Absolutely not!!! Auto manufacturers do though. Personally, I don't believe that /any/ American car is worth the price posted on the Monroni sticker. I don't know this for a fact but perhaps Ford does not want the GT available to just anybody. Can you imagine if the "Fast and Furious" set could afford to trade in their "ricer/tuner" cars for a Ford GT? The highways are dangerous enough the way it is! Dan Edwards