Here's one for you 5.0 Stang guys/gals- Fast Idle after new IAC- no CEL

Ok,

1995 GT 5.0, 163k miles, 5 speed, my dad's. A couple of weeks ago he called me and said he heard a "pop" and now she sounds like a foghorn and idles at 2k. Did some research, indicated a bad IAC. We replaced it and the foghorn noise has gone away, but she still idles at 1500. He searched some Mustang forums and found the usual suspects; disconnect the battery, etc. We did that, no CEL.

Before we start messing with the idle adjustment screw, any ideas?

Steve in AZ

Reply to
Steve Richards

Unplug the IAC.... if the idle drops way low, it could be the IAC (they only go on one direction). If the idle stays high, suspect a vacuum leak.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Be aware that is NOT the idle adjustment screw. I think what you are talking about only regulates how much air you get, this screw in no way will change your idle speed.

Guess how I know?

Reply to
Scott

Ok, how do you know????

Steve

Reply to
Steve in AZ

Jim,

Many thanks, We found that the Autozone IAC we got is bad, It doesn't fluctuate at all and my dad's on a fixed income. He's going to return it and hit the local pic-a-part for another. He's going to get her detailed and sell her. I hate to see it go, it's a great car, new top end byt it's his car....I'll file this under "good to know".

Thanks again and God bless!

Steve

- snipped-for-privacy@s31g2000yqs.googlegroups.com...

Reply to