Hey back yard Mechanic

I Like your answers so could you tell me how to bleed my clutch on 98 Ranger 5 speed/4 cyl. I ran out of fluid and now its like a tank and was told to
bleed it. BUT! i aint much of a mechanic but take directions well. Think you could walk me through it?
Thanks ahead of time.
papagreg
Just like bleed brakes. Except for a clutch... :)
On the bell housing is the bleeder zerk, attach a hose to the end of it and put the other end in a bottle (20oz soda bottle is nice so you can cap it off), and have a friend pump the clutch for you.
Have the friend pump about three times, hold to the floor, and you open the valve to let the fluid out. Then close the valve, and have the friend let up on the pedal. Repeat until you don't see any more bubbles come out in the bottle.
r/ -IanCT

If you "ran out of fluid" you have a leak. Find it and fix that, while making repairs then bleed the system. The manual will tell you how to do it.

Thomas Moats opined in

Listen to those guys... sorry I was away for a while and my answer was generic and common sense.
And there's no "usage" for that... look for leaks under dust boots. and at fittings
Like they say... you have a leak and need service or replacement.