Hey back yard Mechanic

I Like your answers so could you tell me how to bleed my clutch on 98 Ranger

5 speed/4 cyl. I ran out of fluid and now its like a tank and was told to bleed it. BUT! i aint much of a mechanic but take directions well. Think you could walk me through it?

Thanks ahead of time.

papagreg

Reply to
papagreg

Just like bleed brakes. Except for a clutch... :)

On the bell housing is the bleeder zerk, attach a hose to the end of it and put the other end in a bottle (20oz soda bottle is nice so you can cap it off), and have a friend pump the clutch for you.

Have the friend pump about three times, hold to the floor, and you open the valve to let the fluid out. Then close the valve, and have the friend let up on the pedal. Repeat until you don't see any more bubbles come out in the bottle.

r/

-IanCT

Reply to
IanCT

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Thomas Moats opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Listen to those guys... sorry I was away for a while and my answer was generic and common sense.

And there's no "usage" for that... look for leaks under dust boots. and at fittings

Like they say... you have a leak and need service or replacement.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic