Hgh revs

My Ford Focus 1.4 (02 reg) high revs when driving and when stationary sometimes. Does not do all time but when it does if you touch accelerator slightly doesn't help just increases revs even more.

Diagnostic shows nowt, nevertheless changed speed sensor, throttle position sensor and idle control valve and still no joy.

Any ideas please?

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

Probably an intermittent vacuum leak, follow the tubing from the intake manifold vacuum port while idling. do a gentle tug test of all fittings and connections. ESPECIALLY plastic tee connectors.

Sorry you spent all that money, but hey... someone else will read this and save theirs.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Well, I checked for vacuum leaks and ended up tak Carry out full I.D.S. test locate T.P.S. fault, carried out further test, rework T.P.S. and adjust voltage at idle and retest.

...and now everything is tickerty boo! I wish I had gone there in the first place, most probably saving money on parts etc.

Reply to
Trigger