hi .

hi . I was wondering if any other of your readers have had the same (or similar )problem with their insurance companies the way I have. in July of 2004 I was involved in a car accident (I was the driver)
the accident was caused by the other person pulling out of a side road in front of me, whilst I was travelling at between 45 and 50 mph. along a 60mph road.
the same day i reported the matter to my insurance company (Norwich union direct) giving them the details of the other vehicle, drivers name/address/insurance company. I also gave them the name and contact details of the police officer that dealt with the accident. And told them that he has the details of the whitnesses.
i told them that the accident was caused by the other driver of the other vehicle.. and that i was just reporting the matter to them (my insurance company) as that is a part of the insurance contract as well as the law..
i also told them that i was going to claim through the other persons insurance and did not want to claim on mine. but they insisted that i claim through them (Norwich union direct) as i had fully comp.. This i ended up agreeing on. They had my vehicle accessed and put it down as a financial Wright off, and paid me 600+ this was less my excess of 120
Now the fun bit..
my insurance is up for renewal this month. and i have just found out that i have lost 2 years no claims bonus, Thus doubling my insurance costs this year from 319.99 to 613.89.. And increasing it next year and the next ect ect..
i phoned them up on this matter and asked them why i was being penalized on my no claims bonus, and was told it is because i put in a claim on my insurance. And they have not been able to recover the costs from the other persons insurance.
i asked them how i can get my no claims bonus back, since i was the innocent person in the accident, and was told that I have to do all i can to help them get their money back..!!! once they have their money back from the other persons insurance company then I will get my no claims bonus back.
i gave them all the information that i had..what more can i do??
Also the other company will not pay up because their person never told them of the accident.. (Remember I have given Norwich union direct the police officers name and contact details so why have they not got in contact with him?? As not reporting a accident to the insurance company is an offence)
I feel so angry over the matter that I have done everything by the law. Only to find that I am being punished for doing so and being innocent.
This matter has cost me more than the other person. The other person was taken to court for failing to stop at a junction and for having 3 bald tires on his car. He got a 30 pounds fine plus 35 court costs.. with no action being taken on the failing to stop at a junction
I have lost 120 excess around 300 this year on the cost of my insurance going up (not including the cost next year-but I have been told that it works out to about 45% on top of what it would normally cost me until I get back all of my no claims bonus..

And you drive a Ford, I guess that's why you post such drivel here.
bamp
"bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message

in
sean mallet used to drive a ford sierra but not now.. i also know he has done a runna after i went around his,, also the police are now looking for him for several motoring offences to do with and after the accident..